WinPatrol Plus question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by gracie123, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Hello,

I have NOD32 Antivirus and Spy Sweeper. Everything running in both programs. Do I need WinPatrol Plus or any other program(s) like WinPatrol Plus?

Thanks!

Gracie :)

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

u have a firewall, right?

well whether u need winpatrol, HIPS, or any additional security depends on how safe u feel ur computer habits are as well as how much security u feel comfortable with.

for example, i have one computer with only viruscape and looknstop, yet i do p2p/online games/questionable sites, and i do feel safe with my setup.

3. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Hi :),

I have Windows Firewall on and I am comfortable with it. I have NOD32 and Spy Sweeper running all the time... I have blackspear's configuration for NOD32 and Spy Sweeper running with all the settings on.

I do regular web surfing... normal sites are Google, Yahoo! and others... I have instant messengers (MSN and Yahoo!), Skype, Weatherbug, Itunes... and some online games installed.

so what I am really curious about is considering the user I am, what software would benefit me to buy if it isn't free or what software is available thats free and I could benefit from?

Thanks!

Gracie :cool:

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well theres lot of room for new programs so it depends what u want protection from.

HIPS like online armor and processguard both offer execution protection, but OA also protects ur HOSTS file, has a web filter, and email filter. on the other hand, PG protects processes against modification, and it prevents processes from accessing physical memory and installing hook/services.

HIPS like winpatrol or arovax shield are less sophisticated. they protect startup entries, IE settings, and some other stuff. winpatrol is more powerful and arovax is lighter.

lastly, some HIPS like prevx1 cover almost everything. it can even replace ur AV if u wish.

theres also smaller programs that can help u. (mainly) for IE users, spywareblaster and spywareguard can help protect u against cookies and BHOs. script sentry can protect u from program scripts. and just using an alternative browser like firefox or opera can help keep off some spyware. extensions for firefox can protect against web scripts, ads, cookies, or referrers. or u can use a proxy like proxomitron which will do most of teh same stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.