winkey.dll / backdoor.prorat removal help plz

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by finger, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jike

jike Registered Member

hi:
    the prorat is a very dangerous trojan,it can hide run on the startup folder,use wasn't see ,and also two dll inject.
    the better way for all the trojans deleteing is goto real dos mode.
    use your cdrom or floopy boot,then you are goto the command model,
    remove the wininv.dll
    simple
    cd c:\windows\system32\
    del wininv.dll
    or rename wininv.dll wininv.dll.vir
    if reboot your compute still found,that means the trojans has another copy,that it still lauch,still install itand made the dll .you should check all the startup objects.
    most time you can use msconfig to found,but msconfig doesn''t list all.
    prorat trojan will add strart to the all users\start menu\program\startup folders,but user cannot found in windows.

2. stefz

stefz Registered Member

41I have just removed this successfully by downloading the ProRat software and clicking the 'remove local server' icon, it was very quick and you wouldn't have even known is was there now. Working your way through the registry and booting into safemode with command prompt etc. trying to find the nuisance files is a waste of time.

Once you run the ProRat software and then reboot, your antivirus software will be working again and will pick up the ProRat program you installed and quarantine it or at least it did with Norton AV.

Download the software from ~snip~ , to be used only as a removal tool, this software should never have existed in the first place as far as I'm concerned

Mod Note: Please review our TOS - snap

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2004
  3. macleod

macleod Guest

The dellater version worked for me.... Thanks alot... ;o)
    Btw. Tried to use trojanhunter 4.0, but the darn thing won't run with the virus in the system...

4. prorat

prorat Guest

hi guys,
    to remove a prorat trojan manually it's very very hard , u can simply download prorat software from ~snip~ then download then download it when u oppen the program u wiil show an image up the program like clean up clean it . just this not three milliojns program to remove it . good luck

TOS violation - Link to malware site removed - snap

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2005
  5. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Since the Topic Starter has not been back to this thread, and I have had to remove links posted to malware sites four times now after requesting those links not be posted as they violate our TOS, I will lock this thread now to prevent anymore posting of those links.

The information is available in this thread for those that want to read it completely.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.