Winja Virus Total uploader from Phrozensoft

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by roger_m, Aug 14, 2016.

1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I used to use Phrozensoft's VirusTotal Uploader to scan files, as I found it to be much better than VirusTotal's own uploader (which is very limited). However it stopped working a few months back.

I just found there is a repacement for it called Winja.

From ghacks
    Also, there is more information on Phrozen Software's website https://www.phrozensoft.com/2016/05/winja_the_new_unavoidable_security_software-14.

I have been using JottiQ to scan files at jotti.org, and it works quite well. However it is only intended for limited use so as not to overload Jotti's server.

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Could you please explain in which way it is better than VirusTotal's own uploader? I use VT's uploader for right-click uploading and don't know how it could be improved.

3. roger_m

VT Uploader can only scan 5 files at once. With Winja you can scan an entire folder or files. Also, all the scan results are shown within Winja rather than opening a browser window for each file scanned. The scan results tab shows the results of all the scanned files. You can double click on any of the scanned files shown here to open another window showing the VT report for that file.

Winja.png Winja 2.png

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  4. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Thanks, it looks interesting. I usualy scan individual files downloaded from net, so I never thought about this options.

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Interesting tool, with a nice looking GUI. I might check this out.

6. quietman

quietman Registered Member

Twice this week I've come across this same problem .

Today I read about Wikileaks and a malware hosting issue , and "VTScan" was mentioned in the article
    as a method for batch querying a large number of files .

It reminded me of this thread , and I meant to ask this question at the time I read it .

Do these tools get around the upload limit ( Maximum file size: 128MB ) or are they just a way of uploading
    more than 5 files in a batch ?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  7. roger_m

They won't let you upload larger files.

8. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

A good find Roger, although when I clicked other tools, it automatically analyses processes in the machine and crashes half way through... It will probably be corrected in the near future.

9. roger_m

I'd never clicked on Other Tools until just now, but it is working fine for me.