Windows8 and HP Printer Driver

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by BJW45, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJW45

BJW45 Registered Member

As I understand it, one would almost have to re-create the world in order to uninstall W8. The problem I am having is that W8 does not appear to talk to a number of devices, especially my HP Officejet 7410. I did go to both MS and HP websites to see if there was a fix driver, but no go. I know, I should have investigated this before installing W8, but I didn't so I'm stuck. Point is, I like the OS very much; yes, there is a learning curve as with any other software, but I still need to do basic stuff like print.... Anyone out there have any comments or suggestions?

Tx. BJW>

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

Moved Thread to this Forum for More Exposure!

3. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

You can try a virtual machine with an older OS or a Linux distro for printing.

4. guest

guest Guest

If the printer is not being automatically detected, I would check for updates on Windows Update. Or, I would try installing (on compatibility mode?) the latest driver available for W7 (x64 or x86). It may work normally.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Windows 8 is still a beta and I wouldn't recommend using it as your main OS at this time.
    have you tryed running the windows 7 installer in compatibility mode for windows 7?

6. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

You should be able to install a generic HP driver from Windows. When you go to add a printer select to use one of the drivers included with Windows.

As an alternative you could try installing DirverMax from http://www.drivermax.com as it has support for Windows 8 beta to see if it could find a compatible driver.

May not help, but it is worth a try since there is a free version.

7. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

By a generic driver I mean a HP or Hewlett Packard PS (post script) driver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.