Windows7 FireWall control

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Kees1958, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Not sure where you got it. I have Avira and WIn 7 firewall installed. Get it from the source.

2. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

I have one big question about WindowsFireWallControl:

I tried it but it wont set the rules to the Windows Firewall.
    It sets it's own rules but wont lend them to the windows firewall!

If i install FC and try to connect to icq it promps for action. If i allow the outgoing traffic every thing works fine but there is no rule created in the windows firewall. I can also block icq by block all outgoing traffic within the windows firewall. Even if i have an allow rule set in FC.

I think FC use the same network adapter but you can shut down the hole Windows firewall including the service and it will run probably. So it is a stand alone Firewall and no control center for the windows firewall. That is really distressing cause i would like to use the windows firewall.
    Is there no ****ing way to get a simple popup on outgoing connections like it is set up for incoming ones? That has to be possible!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Nope,

You have to manually copy the Win7FW entries to the Win7 FW like stem pointed out. Later on remove Win7 FW cntrl

4. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

the last version i tried, think it was vista firewall control had a REALLY annoying little popup kinda thing in the bottom corner of my screen for every connection and it basically stayed ther, does the Win7 version still have that or can it be disabled somehow?

5. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Can be disabled, Win7FWctrl loads also a lot faster on x64 than VistaFWctrl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.