Windows XP Service Pack 3

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by derekp, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

You might want to check the HP website for SP3 info for your model. OEM machines sometimes have 'tweaked' versions of Windows in order to play nice with their hardware, vanilla updates from MS can sometimes break this.

The SP3 pack form the update site is not the full SP3 which is over 300MB - downloading this version would allow you to slipstream it into your I386 folder (yup there is one on your PC) as well as installing it and then of course the TI image would be upto date.

Colin

2. MaxXP

MaxXP Registered Member

Sandy, OffTopic
    Just over this weekend I done 12 actual full installs of XP SP3, thats not VM since drivers don't work there correctly. I have several apps do that for XP and Vista and I troubleshoot the install's trying to figure things out. I have 2 problems with SP3 and can't seem to sort out yet which is Creative Extremegamer card not working and when it hit's the desktop classic theme is applied. I think they related but am not positive yet.

Theres no way you should have had to do that in safe mode. And BTW SP3 is 316mb

OnTopic
    Before my current Lan I had a Linksys WRT router and a weird Zyxel dsl modem, I was allway's on the line with tech support about this because it was dead 3-4 times a month. I finally replaced the DSL modem/Linksys router with a combination router/modem from my provider and haven't had a problem since, except self inflicted as above by an app not fully installing

Acronis allway's gets me back with above problems even if I have to type something in, dead NUT

3. The Sand

The Sand Registered Member

Thanks Colin and MaxXP for your input here...

I do have the full download on my desktop and it's 316MB. I may have downloaded it twice- I know when I looked it took 3 minutes, but maybe that was me getting it from Automatic Updates (I'm sure I got confused as I tried so many different times and ways to finally get the thing installed.) So I am probably wrong about how long the manual download took.

I did it in safe mode because that is what Microsoft told me to do... I emailed them because I didn't know what to do.

Colin - The info on "slipstreamings" was cool (I looked it up.) But I remember trying to access my i386 folder before (when trying to make a BartPE for that computer) and HP has that i386 but when you click on it it goes to another folder called $OEM$ and then another folder that is just some text document. Weird huh...

Sandy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.