Windows XP / Mac OS X & Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by brewster, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brewster

brewster Registered Member

Would anyone know if I can use Disk Director to safely resize my Windows XP Pro partition installed on my MacBook Pro which uses BootCamp?

I need to make my Mac partition larger and reduce my Windows XP partition size.

My guess is that this is not supported and proceed at your own risk. I have everything backed up so it's not a question of loosing data, just time spent more or less if I need to reinstall everything if it doesn’t work.

2. L Bainbridge

L Bainbridge Registered Member

As far as I know Disk Director is a Windows/ Linux software and I doubt whether it would work safely modifying the modified Unix code that a MacBook uses as OSX.The DD boot disk uses a Linux environment but I would still guess this would be very risky......
    Can't you alter partition sizes directly within boot camp itself?

3. brewster

You can do it initially but once it’s all set up, your only option within BootCamp prefs is to restore the Mac partition to take over the entire disk.

Evidently there are some OS X command line options (Unix commands in OS X Terminal) to do I want I want to do but I am a little reluctant about doing that.

4. L Bainbridge

L Bainbridge Registered Member

5. brewster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.