Windows XP Home user accounts

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by P_eNgUi_N, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P_eNgUi_N

P_eNgUi_N Registered Member

Problem: Wipe out the admin's password from a limited user account.

My friend said these first 2 ways have worked for him on a Guest account but hasn't tried it on a limited account.

I've tried:

[cmd] at 00:00 {military time + 1 min.} /interactive "cmd.exe"

Access Denied.

[cmd] control userpasswords2

Login Prompt w/ error: You must be a member of the Administrators group on this computer to open user Accounts.

[cmd] net user new-account /add

I did this so I could create a Guest account to try these methods on it.
    Access Denied.

I tried rebooting in safe mode to get in that way but it prompted me for admin password and no guest account.

There's another way I tried that involved the xp home cd. Boot up to it and go through repair and then when the progress bar comes up press SHIFT+F1. I got an error and an admin Lonni prompt.

There's a program called Active Password Changer but I have to install it to create the bootable floppy that wipes out the admin's password. I can't install it cause I'm limited. I have to wait until I go to my friend's house.

It's my home computer. My mother got someone to do this to me. I used to be the Admin. Now she is and I'm trying to do to her what she did to me.

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer me. When this problem is resolved I'm going to mess w/ my mother's account. I've already changed her user name and took away her right click through the registry. Any ideas of other ways I can mess with her I'd also appreciate, lol.

2. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

Talking to mother might do some good.

Otherwise, we do not condone this sort of behavior on this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.