Windows XP EFS

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by phenyxx, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phenyxx

phenyxx Guest

My OS is Windows XP Home edition and I'm looking for a way to decrypt a folder and it's subfolders/files when the encryption key has been lost.

Can anyone help me?

phenyx

2. snowy

snowy Guest

PHENYXX

this reply is not going to be what you may want to hear...an some others here may totally disagree with me....yet...:

imo it would be extremely un-ethical for anyone to advise another person how to possibly decrypt anything.
    while I can understand your plight.....its nevertheless a public forum here an such information if known to the wrong type of person could be used for illegal purposes
    you may be the nicest and most honest person ever there was...but there be a lurker who is not.....an use such information to steal from an innocent person.
    absolutely no offense intended........

3. Phil

Phil Registered Member

All I can say is I hope you have fond memories of what was in there because I don't think it can be done. W2k is a *little* bit different story but it is my understanding that part of XP is strong. Was the key stored on the local HDD or off, as is recommended?

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.