Windows XP Boot Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Bblake, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bblake

Bblake Registered Member

I purchased and loaded Disk Director 10 this weekend. I wanted to partition a 160gb drive to a 120GB and a 40gb drive. The drive was full to about 103GB. The program indicated that a reboot was neccessary to complete the process.

I let it run and my system rebooted. The screen was blank which was strange because I am used to at least seeing a progression indicator. At any rate I went to bed.

The next morning the screen was still blank with no HDD activity. I rebooted and the system began to load but auto-rebooted. The next time I selected f8 and had XP halt on errors. I got a blue screen C0000145 Application error. I got out my recovery console and ran a chkdsk which showed errors. I ran it /r to repair and that finished but when I exited and rebooted I got the same errors.

How can I get back into my system ?

I am very dissapointed with the software so far.

Bryan

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please boot up from the Windows Bootable CD, then go to the Recovery Console (the first Repair option you come to).

From the command prompt please type:

FIXMBR C:
    FIXBOOT C:
    BOOTCFG /rebuild

After that, please reboot your computer.

If this does not help then please create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report.txt file to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. Bblake

Bblake Registered Member

Thanks for your response, This did not work although I did get an XP splash screen this time. The PC still reboots and hangs at the C0000145 error.

I do not have a floppy, Any other suggestions ?

Thanks,

Bryan

4. Bblake

Bblake Registered Member

Additional information, I was able to burn the Acronis utlities to a boot cd. So now I can boot into Disk Director and it shows the drive but I still cannot boot.

If there is something I can do with this let me know.

Bryan

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bryan,

If you do not have a floppy drive then we can suggest you to connect this drive to another machine temporarily and create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Most likely the MFT of the system partition is corrupted, but we cannot tell the exact reason at the moment. Please try to create the report and we will certainly investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.