Windows Vista Ultimate 32 Bit + Bitlocker + TI 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Aratak, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aratak

Aratak Registered Member

I currently run TrueImage Home 10.0 on my Windows XP machine. I run a differential every day, and a full back up once a week on a schedule. (I think both options are "cloning"... i.e. I've selected "my computer" instead of individual drives and files).

I've got a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate on the way, I intend to use the 32 bit version initially. I have read that TI 10.0 is compatible with Windows Vista.

However, Windows Vista Ultimate includes BITLOCKER technology, which I also hope to use. This technology encrypts drive information. Is True Image 10.0 also compatible if you use Windows Vista Ultimate bitlocker technology on the drive being backed up? :blink:

2. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Aratak,

Encryption will cause you problems. TI will handle it by doing a sector by sector backup of the entire partition. Follow this example. You backup a 300 GB partition with 20 GB's of data and 280 GB of free space. The backup image will be 300 GB. TI will not be able to exclude the free space in the partition. I would expect that differential backups would be of no value. They would probably also be 300 GB in the preceding example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.