Windows Vista SP1 Released to Windows Update

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

WSUS 3.0 SP1 on Windows Update coming soon!
    Posted Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:36 AM by WSUS
    WSUS 3.0 SP1 will be available on Windows Update within the next few weeks. The package behavior is:

1. Upgrade all previous versions of WSUS starting with WSUS 2.0 to WSUS 3.0 RTM running on Windows 2003 SP1+

2. All upgrades will require user interaction.

3. This service pack package will supersede WSUS 3.0 RTM packages.

4. Block upgrades of all WSUS installation using remote SQL. This is now a manual upgrade process.

5. Do not support upgrading previous versions of WSUS running on Windows 2008.

6. System Center Essentials 1.0 RTM will not be upgraded to WSUS 3.0 SP1. This will be handled by a future release of System Center Essentials.

Note: “WSUS 2.0 SP1” and “WSUS 2.0 Client SelfUpdate Update for WSUS 2.0 SP1” packages will be expired. These updates are still available on the Download Center.

http://blogs.technet.com/wsus/

2. RAD

RAD Registered Member

Well, SP1 completely disabled my system.
    I wrote down the error codes, but don't have them here with me (I am on another computer).
    I had to reinstall disk images from a day ago to get going again. Beware ! I can't believe MMS botched it AGAIN !

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Confirm . Same here! :thumb:

SP1 for Vista and SP3 for XP - excellent job :thumb:

4. bktII

bktII Registered Member

Installed SP1 today, approx. 69 MB download.

First installed update to my Realtek audio driver. Then disabled my non-MS Hips.

During the download, the connection was dropped over 10 times, requiring the update to be manually restarted each time. I do not normally observe such behavior with similarly-sized downloads (e.g., Sun's JDK, Netbeans, some Linux updates). To Microsoft's credit, the restarted updates resumed from the current download; I did not have to start the download from scratch each time.

After the updates were installed, I checked view update history via Security->Check for updates in the control panel and noticed that 11 'failed' to update (KB936330). Correction: These failures correspond to the dropped connections during the download.

The most current version of Tcpview, v 2.53, doesn't work. Had to download and install Curports. It works fine, but I miss Tcpview.

Vista boots and shuts down fine. I *think* I am O.K.

Anyone else having issues with Tcpview after installing SP1?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  5. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

I am curious if anyone has had a problem with IE after installing SP1?

I have tried to install it twice. Once via the direct download, and once via Windows Update. Both times I had to uninstall because IE refused to work, as did Windows Live Messenger.

I am also not able to get a ping response back from any website. The weird thing is Firefox still works! I don't see any issues in Event Viewer either. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I am running the 32 bit version of Windows Vista Business Edition. Thanks.

6. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

I second that! Decided to do a fresh install then installed SP1 straight away using the standalone installer after activation. Everything's working great for me. :thumb:

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

its strange that for me during my fresh install the stand alone installer wouldnt work so had to get updates from windows update but worked out in the end.

8. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i like Vista and SP1, ive had no problems with anything.

9. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Odd Oddliness :blink: 66.9MB downloaded from Windows Vista updates, rather small for a service pack isnt it :blink: what size is other peoples o_O (Service Pack!) Get your mind outta the gutter :p :cautious:

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is only if you have all previous Vista updates and only if downloaded from Windows Update

11. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I do, and I did :p

12. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Hi
    Some info here for size of SP1
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/bb968859.aspx

13. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

love sp1.. systems are much faster now.. ive actually had this release since the beginning of feb but i def appreciate the direct links for those i know who needed them. some people didbt want to install the "wave 0" version that was able to be had in various places.. have had 0 issues whatsoever with sp1 big improvement

14. markcynt

markcynt Registered Member

Installed SP1 3/18. Went from a completely unstable computer to a completely stable computer. I'm extremely happy that Vista is working so well but at the same time I'm mad at Microsoft for 5 months instability. I mean severe instabilty (crashes, lockups, and total failures requiring reinstall of Vista).

SP1 = :thumb:

Microsoft = :thumbd: :thumbd:

Mark

15. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

SP1 update didn't go that good for me. After the update, my MCE didn't work anymore saying some windows media component couldn't run or was missing. I had to revert back to a good image. :mad:

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.