[Windows Vista/7] "Keeping" the integrity levels

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I'm not sure if most of you are familiar with integrity levels. If you're not, then this will be of no interest to you, before you actually discover info on integrity levels. Search the forum.

Anyway, if we apply an integrity level to a process, say your web browser's main process, then if you upgrade it, then the integrity level will be lost.

I don't know about you, but when I upgrade Chromium, I actually have a batch file that automatically copies Chromium folder from Desktop to Program Files, so I'm not worried about it.

But, there are other apps like media player, e-mail client, download manager, etc., that I've applied an explicit medium integrity level.

I could create a batch file pointing to the processes names, and then right click it and execute as administrator. But, I wanted automation. So, I created the batch file and placed it on Program Files directory in a folder named ILs.
    Then, I scheduled a task pointing to that batch file and also to start in the batch file folder (don't place quotes on the path, or it won't work).
    I set the batch file to run with administrator privileges and to be executed regardless of the administrator having session started.
    Now, the batch file automatically reapplies any of the integrity levels, according to my preferences, everytime I login to my other user accounts. I don't have to manually do it.

It's a way to be sure the integrity levels are always as they should be.

I use chml to apply the ILs via my batch file, by the way. icacls works fine, if you're OK with its limitations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.