Windows Vista: 15 reasons to switch

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Capp, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

agreed:thumb:
    one click is excuteing the malware and second click is the windows uac popip asking for permission. no noob would read those microsoft uac messages and just click yes.
    i would say less than 7 seconds maybe 5 lol.
    lodore

2. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Do I read that right?
    Windows XP wasn't that great after all...

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i used windows vistsa business again today and my lecurar was showing off the windows 3d flip and i decided that i dont need it and it wastes ram and graphics.
    i found useful but stupid stuff like the snippit tool.
    which is just a print screen that you can drag a box around what you want to print screen rather than cutting it later in paint.
    for installing gadgets to the sidebar you get about 5 prompts from the windows vista HIPS asking if you want to allow the gadget download or not.
    but mainly eyecandy.
    it just seems pointless spending £260 for a few useful stuff that should of been in xp ages ago but never where like some of the secuirty features.
    lodore

4. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Microsoft products invariably will have gaps, loopholes, etc. so I am going to let someone else be the guinea pig and try to sort out all of the **** that comes from testing it out.o_O

5. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

I think the title should of been 15 reasons NOT to switch ! :D

I dont think I'll be jumping aboard anytime soon, you can't make me! :)

6. divedog

divedog Registered Member

Yes, DX10 will be a must have for me. I will wait until the gaming community says all the bugs are worked out and the price of the cards come down.

7. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Antarctica

That makes the greatest sense.

I have [had] been using the RC Vista releases for about four mouths, but the more I read about The Vista EULA [it their worst yet, but then none have ever been user friendly, but This Vista EULA take everything by way of any user rights [i.e. redress] you think you might have is taken away from you] the madder and madder it made me get, I am sure they will be taken to court over it at some time.

So I like you am going [have gone] back to Linux.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

8. KDNeese

KDNeese Registered Member

MrkVonic has already answered this, but I also wanted to add that you can even download and install Opera in the VMWare version of SUSE. Runs like a charm. In fact, I have noticed that browsing speed is much faster in both Ubuntu & SUSE than in XP with both Opera and Firefox.

9. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Very true, KDN, very true...
    Mrk

10. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I'm in that ballpark here too. LoL ;)

Shoot, on my 98SE i already experienced most all of Vista's transparencies in motion. XP Pro is been no different. There are plenty of Windows customizing sites where developers/freelancers push the envelope beyond microsofts limited reach when it comes to eye-candy & 3-D. You surely have browsed thru Neowin, Aqua-Soft, and other customs interface & features sites surely.

I know i have and still continue to. In fact every time i click a folder it launches and floats right off the screen :D My XP desktop exhibits most of Vista's enhancements already, and those that it doesn't yet means i haven't yet the time to visit the sites that emulate those fancy-eyed features that some of us depend on, because come on, really, without decorated window frames & many other modular additions to XP, Windows would be as gloomy appearing as Windows 98 was untill i discovered we don't have to become hostage to the boring drab looks that M$ is so famous for at the price they demand for it. LoL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.