Windows Updates and NOD32 launch issue

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by gummi_bear, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gummi_bear

gummi_bear Registered Member

I am almost positive that the Microsoft Windows Updates eariler today have made my NOD32 cease to funtion:( I've had NOD32 installed for about 6 months and have never had a problem until today when I installed Windows updates and rebooted. NOD32 is not in my system tray nor will the control panel launch from start menu or ESET Program Files folder.I've looked in the registry and "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE is there. I do have the installation .exe and my user information as to reinstall but would REALLY like to know what happened in the first place.This will drive me nuts until I get a reasonable explanation.

BTW....No error messages at all........simply does not load

I am far from an expert at understanding NOD32 and luckly, have never had a problem with it up until now. Laymans terms for help with will be greatly appreciated as I am a NOD32 n00b ;) Thanks!!!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Have you tried a system restore? That is before your latest Windows updates? A lot of people are very wary about Windows updates and try them out with sandbox programs to see how the system behaves.

But I must admit I do have NOD32 and never had any problems in conjunction to Windows updates.

You can try to restore your system to a time before your Windows updates, disable Nod32(that doesn't mean to quit NOD, you must uncheck every monitor within its control GUI) until you download the updates, reboot and reactivate NOD32 afterwards... I hope this helps.

3. gummi_bear

gummi_bear Registered Member

Thank you and will try this and let you know how it goes.;)

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Last night I had trouble running NOD32, it stopped at C:/Documents and settings/My Name/user Data. I ran scan disk on both my HDs. This morning I temporally deleted it. Then ran NOD32 all the way to 100%, then restored User Data. Then I ran NOD32 again, I got a BSOD. I am running it again, I if I get another one I an going to do a SFC/Scannow to restore any corupt files.

5. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Ok, I made it all the way through the scan with NOD32.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.