Discussion in 'other software & services' started by roger_m, Sep 2, 2015.
W7 and 8.1 also are fine here
No issues for me. I just opened Windows Update, and it took less than 30 seconds to finish checking for updates and start downloading the latest cumlative update.
3 minutes and still checking here.
Less than 1 minute to check for updates on 2 Win 10 machines. Cumulative updates installed without any problems.
Hmm. I didn't get any updates today at all, except for WD defintions.
Once again the cumlative update failed to install so I hid it.
Yes - last update, Windows update took less then a minute, but the Microsoft update (including other MS softs) took over 3 hrs
I timed my machine today and it took 3 minutes to find WD Definition update, about a minute to download and install that and another 3 minutes checking for updates again after. 7 minutes or so all up.
There's nothing wrong with my network speed as I've checked that too. I shut everything down and restarted for good measure anyway.
looks normal to me?
I'm doing some work on a Windows 7 computer at the moment. When it was brought to me, the computer would not even start booting. It would just go into an endless loop. I was able to get it booting again, and ran Windows Update. When Winodws Update finally loaded, it showed that it had not been updated since 2015, (it seems that this PC had not been used for over 18 months) and it was ready to install some updates from 2015. I did a check for updates and when I came back to the computer 20 to 30 minutes later it has already finished checking for updates, and I've had no issues updating it.
It's always nice when Windows Update works as it should, without having to manually having to install update to speed things up.
microsoft has released a newer windows update engine last year - and changed something in background so that older updates are also not available with that patch. windows update is hanging and rising cpu without. if you can grab a full package/patch-collection from a trustable 3rd-party sie its recommended to use it.
for windows 7 german:
or try updating with DISM++
the whole update problem here (sorry, in german)
Separate names with a comma.