Windows System Crash caused by Eset

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by wongawallen, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wongawallen

wongawallen Registered Member

This morning when I turned on my computer I got a BSOD, when it finally started I got a message saying the cause was Eset (see attached)
    I'm running Eset Smart Security on Vista Home Premium, with all current Windows updates.
    Can anybody tell me why this would start happening?

Attached Files:

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Try installing the newest build first to see if that changes anything. Beyond that, you could have bad memory that corrupted the kernel driver Nod uses. A Memtest CD could help you figure that one out. Or there could be some kind of conflict with your system and you should report it to Eset while giving them a copy of the memory dumps. But if the problem is intermittent and happens during boot time I would say the likelihood of that is small.

3. wongawallen

Thx for your reply Smacky ... I'll follow your suggestions and keep my fingers crossed. I had the same BSOD this morning, but this time after it finally booted into Windows, it didn't bring up the prompt (in the screen capture yesterday).
    Maybe there was a different component implicated today?
    I'll do some more troubleshooting & see if I can isolate it.
    thx again :)

4. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

If it is crashing on random system components, it strongly indicates a memory issue or possibly a CPU issue though the latter is far less common. Good luck troubleshooting it.

5. wongawallen

Just reporting back .. I downloaded the latest version, and haven't had the problem since I installed that, so hopefully whatever caused it, is fixed now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.