Windows SteadyState

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Boost, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Just tryin it out,not bad overall. I've used Returnil and Deepfreeze before this,both excellent programs :thumb:

Anyone else running it?

2. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

Not presently but in the past I used it with XP. To be honest, I really liked it alot. The only drawback was the switching states was time consuming but personally it didn't bother me because it worked well. I really liked the option that popped up at shutdown to save files. As of now, I've been using Eaz-Fix which has worked well also but it's much quicker.

3. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Not here but I've looked at it over the years when it was called the Shared Computer Toolkit and now SteadyState. If it was just a bit faster is mostly the criticism but system configuration, free and you can image are some of the pluses. Its actually grown and matured into a nice tool under 'shared access.'

edit: spelling

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  4. culla

culla Registered Member

i tried it changed my start and shut down buttons i didn't like it so i'm staying with returnil2008

5. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Thanks for the input guys.

Right now,I'm tryin Shadow Defender :thumb:

6. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

If you're referring to the classic logon/logoff dialog, that can be changed back in User Accounts, I think. It's been awhile since I used it but I did change mine back somehow.

7. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Yup,you can switch back and forth.

8. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Exactly my feelings about it, I've always wondered why MS doesn't offer it with the basic tools with every Windows CD. If the switching states were faster it would be a terrific program. Obviously its low popularity didn't help in developing it further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.