Windows Professional XP 64 Bit edition

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by heatsaver, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heatsaver

heatsaver Registered Member

Now that Windows Professional XP 64 Bit edition has been officially released. Will their be a 64 bit version of Process Guard released? If so, is there any time table?

Thanks,

2. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

I think that before we ask for a timetable, it would be better to ask if there is going to be a commitment to produce a 64bit version ?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  3. donald

donald Registered Member

Will the current Process Guard work under the x64 edition?

I did try a search to see if the answer has already been posted, but the search engine will not properly process a search for "x64." I always hate that, when one wants to search for something that is probably uncommon, except in the context that one is looking for, say a person's initials, if short, the search will not work. Of course it could be an ambiguous message as "tds" works! :)

4. passing thru

passing thru Guest

The current PG will not work with x64. You will get a "Failure to install driver..." warning when initially installing PG. After rebooting, you will see the following error in your System event log:

"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\drivers\procguard.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.