windows one carelive

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lodore, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Why do people insist MS offer AV for free? No matter what...no matter WHAT..OS is top dog..the fact that it's the most popular one out there..will prompt the vandalizing 'tards to create problems for the OS. Security exploit or hole in the system or not..the problems will come.

Microsoft offers their windows updates for free. That covers that area of "owing the public".

It's aimed at the mainstream average home user....so it's not very configurable..they dont' want it to be. Don't expect it to be equivelant to Kapersky or NOD32..just expect it to provide "decent" protection..and excel in "ease of use"..and it'll meet those goals...that's what it's aiming for. The real shocker here for all those who are ready to pounce on the trendy "bash Microsoft train"...OneCare isn't bad..it's actually not bad.

If you're going to sit there and BASH Microsoft..yet tomorrow morning you'll sit and your computer and it will STILL have Windows on it..then..well..."hypocrite.....hello pot..yeah this is kettle..."

2. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

That's your opinion and i'll respect it, but i wasn't bashing microsoft by no means.To me, it just doesn't smell right.And it's not like Microsoft needs the money.Come on!.It would have been an excellent public relations move for one.AVG,Avast and Antivir are free.Why not microsoft's product.Last time i heard, 'Gates' was worth 72 BILLION.Gimme a break!.

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

"DISCLAIMER"The following statment is not intended as a knock towards MS."END DISCLAIMER"Lets think about this for a minute........ :rolleyes: ...... If the original product was not so buggie to start then security as we know it now would not be needed. Put the time into eliminating the holes = updates\patches = FREE. Or.........get into the Business of selling a product that dose it. Hmmmmmmmmm........ Uncle Bill did not get his Billions by being stupid. Surprised it took him this long. It is all about [MOVE]chasing the $$$$.[/MOVE]

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

On reputable tests made with this , it got only 22% detection rate , Poooor !:'(

;)

5. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I beta tested this product for Microsoft, it's a nice product and will provide millions of home users with really good protection and basic maintenance for their computers. I like and support Microsoft products...

Marc

6. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hi HiTech_boy,

Do you have a link to the test? 22% detection for virus and spyware, or just virus?

7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I think HiTech_Boy was joking. OneCare easily reaches all standards required to be part of AV-comparatives tests.

8. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Oh really?? :eek: :eek:

HiTech_Boy is naughty :D

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

it may be a good product but does it have good enough self protection?
    has anyonbe testes its self protection?

10. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I suspect the vast majority of users just want something that does not bother them, and do not know much about protection.

I see no reason that Microsoft could not make a satisfactory product. So many use AVG, and I think MS could equal that AV. I further suspect most users will be happy with it.

I know some pretty savvy folks who use the XP firewall and Defender with satisfaction. I do not claim they are security experts, but they know how computers work.

As to MS, I am not sure why I do not give them a thought one way or the other. I am glad they exist, and do not know where we would be without them. I liked W98, and now XP even better although I am really a novice.

I am not sure why those who hate MS so much do not go to another OP. Except I really do know, and the answer is that Windows is an overall better system for most of us.

I just wish I had bought the stock the first day it was offered, even though I do not know what the price was. (I could say the same about Walmart.)

Best,
    Jerry

11. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

There were two test made with this product Virus bulletin and Check mark and it passed the test's including the trojan detection test also.

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The link is now closed , offline because of reason that should not be discussed :) . The test was with worms,trojans,viruses,spyware/adware and 1 rootkit . Other products got more than 80% but the link is closed . BTW-not joking

The Naughty HiTech_boy :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.