Windows Media Player

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Peaches4U, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

When I used WMP 9 I was able to play midi files but it seems after I upgraded to WMP 10, no more midi playback. I went into Control Panel, then into Sounds & Audio Devices. Under Audio, Midi Music playback [default device] - Listed is Creative Sound Blaster ...... . Everything matches so what gives? Anyone know what I need to do to get the Midi playback to work? o_O

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

have you made sure that it is checked here

Attached Files:

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

and also set here to media player

Attached Files:

4. Peaches4U

Hi - I checked as you suggested & it is all there. I also checked to be sure the volume was on. Still nothing. I can play anything but a midi. Went one step further and apparently I do not have Wmp10 loaded but still using WMP9. At this point would you recommend I uninstal WMP9 and replace it with WMP10?

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I think you can install WMP10 over WMP9 without problems....try it and see what happens.

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

like Firecat says you can (have to) install WMP10 over WMP9. there's an entery in Add/Remove programs to uninstall WMP10 when it's installed. so if you don't need it it can go.

7. Peaches4U

I installed WMP10 - install was successful but still I cannot play a midi. I checked all the setting over & over but I must be missing something. I did a hardware check of the sound and it says "working properly". I know I am missing something but I guess I am just too tired to see it. :'(

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Did you try to play MIDIs in some other player like Winamp? If the MIDIs are not playing in the other players too, then you may have a driver problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.