Windows Media Player 11 Beta 2 released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chachazz, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chachazz

chachazz Updates Team

Windows Media Player 11 Beta 2
    8/31/2006

File Name: wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe
    Version: 11
    Date Published: 8/31/2006
    Language: English
    Download Size: 22.5 MB

Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP Home Edition N; Windows XP Media Center Edition; Windows XP Professional N; Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
    (validation required!)

Latest Changes:
    - Fixes have been made for issues that occurred in the first beta release of Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP
    - Additional online stores are now available
    - Changes to sharing digital media content

(MS)Note:
    "This is a beta release. Before you install this software, it is important to understand that a beta release does not have the stability of final release software from Microsoft. You might encounter problems with this release of the software that could possibly result in a loss or destruction of data. We suggest that you back up your existing data before you install and run the software."

Release Notes | Download»»

2. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Downloaded and installed w/o a hitch. Thanks for the update chachazz!

3. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I just installed WMP 11 Beta 2 over the beta 1 release and it gave me this error ( take note of the numbers!!!):
    beta 2's version string numbers should be higher than beta 1's. But this error says that the version number is beta 2's instead of the expected beta 1? o_O

Attached Files:

4. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

The installation of WMP 11 beta 2 did not complete successfully, I ran the installer file again, but it does not install completely and somehow the program still works fine!.

The installation would just progress until 60 to 66% and stop there. Is this a bug or something?

5. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

The same happened to me, I thought that due nLite tweaks and removed components.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.