Windows Media Player 11 Beta 2 released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chachazz, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chachazz

chachazz Updates Team

Windows Media Player 11 Beta 2
    8/31/2006

File Name: wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe
    Version: 11
    Date Published: 8/31/2006
    Language: English
    Download Size: 22.5 MB

Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP Home Edition N; Windows XP Media Center Edition; Windows XP Professional N; Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
    (validation required!)

Latest Changes:
    - Fixes have been made for issues that occurred in the first beta release of Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP
    - Additional online stores are now available
    - Changes to sharing digital media content

(MS)Note:
    "This is a beta release. Before you install this software, it is important to understand that a beta release does not have the stability of final release software from Microsoft. You might encounter problems with this release of the software that could possibly result in a loss or destruction of data. We suggest that you back up your existing data before you install and run the software."

Release Notes | Download»»

2. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Downloaded and installed w/o a hitch. Thanks for the update chachazz!

3. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I just installed WMP 11 Beta 2 over the beta 1 release and it gave me this error ( take note of the numbers!!!):
    beta 2's version string numbers should be higher than beta 1's. But this error says that the version number is beta 2's instead of the expected beta 1? o_O

Attached Files:

4. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

The installation of WMP 11 beta 2 did not complete successfully, I ran the installer file again, but it does not install completely and somehow the program still works fine!.

The installation would just progress until 60 to 66% and stop there. Is this a bug or something?

5. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

The same happened to me, I thought that due nLite tweaks and removed components.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.