Windows Mail crashing with Smart Security enabled

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by sagittarius, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sagittarius

sagittarius Registered Member

I don't normally use Windows Mail (Vista Home Premium 32Bit) but opened it to help somebody with a problem tonight, it kept crashing as soon as it tried to download mail.

Finally I figured out that if I disabled email protection in Smart Security before opening Windows Mail, it was OK. If I re-enable, email protection once Windows Mail is opened, it seems to be OK as well.

Has anybody else experienced this? Is there a solution?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

Configure your settings as per these screenshots , you need to enter the Advanced Setup Tree (F5)

Restart the computer and try again ;)

Attached Files:

3. sagittarius

Wonderful :cool: thanks HiTech_boy.

Can you tell me, does this now mean if I alternative between email programs (which I occasionally do because of my work in IT Tech Support) that only my main email program (i.e. Thunderbird) is being protected by Nod32?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

With these settings , everything that you mark as Email client will be protected . If you have checked Thunderbird , its traffic will be scanned. If you check something else , its traffic will be scanned , too.

The real time file system protection is also working , don't forget this. :)

5. sagittarius

thanks again HiTech_boy :thumb:

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.