Windows Mail crashing with Smart Security enabled

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by sagittarius, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sagittarius

sagittarius Registered Member

I don't normally use Windows Mail (Vista Home Premium 32Bit) but opened it to help somebody with a problem tonight, it kept crashing as soon as it tried to download mail.

Finally I figured out that if I disabled email protection in Smart Security before opening Windows Mail, it was OK. If I re-enable, email protection once Windows Mail is opened, it seems to be OK as well.

Has anybody else experienced this? Is there a solution?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

Configure your settings as per these screenshots , you need to enter the Advanced Setup Tree (F5)

Restart the computer and try again ;)

Attached Files:

3. sagittarius

Wonderful :cool: thanks HiTech_boy.

Can you tell me, does this now mean if I alternative between email programs (which I occasionally do because of my work in IT Tech Support) that only my main email program (i.e. Thunderbird) is being protected by Nod32?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

With these settings , everything that you mark as Email client will be protected . If you have checked Thunderbird , its traffic will be scanned. If you check something else , its traffic will be scanned , too.

The real time file system protection is also working , don't forget this. :)

5. sagittarius

thanks again HiTech_boy :thumb:

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.