Windows Installer starting as SB launched..Help!!!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Cortes, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cortes

Cortes Registered Member

Hey Folks

Been using SB for a long while and had no probs at all but launched v.3.3 recently and windows installer exe (msiexec.exe) started as it was loading! Cancelled the installer, shut dowm SB and tried again...same happened! Have unistalled and reinstalled SB a few times, downloaded from different sites, but still have the same problem...any ideas? If it helps the installer exe starts and then text about Office Front Page comes up? I have seen this windows installer problem before on other systems in the past but can't remember what or why.

I run Spybot and Ad Aware and have completed full scans with nothing found, also use Anti Vir free edition and nothing found. No changes were made prior to this happening and I'm running XP Pro.

Hope somebody can help.

Cheers

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. Cortes

Cortes Registered Member

Thanks for the quick response snowbound :D , and for the warm welcome.

All 3 of the articles were very helpful. I sat there poised with my copy of Office XP, the installer popped up as before, I went off to get something, came back and it had disappeared! SB loads fine now, very odd!

Anyways, thanks for everything.

Cortes :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.