Windows Firewall Control (for windows 7)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by pandlouk, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

Well yes,lol. Win 7 comes pre-installed with .net 3.5. I looked in programs and features and there is a Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile installed. Other than that, just the usual updates for .NET through Windows Update.

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

nah, sorry, i had in mind that it works on Vista too, there is not much difference (except .NET)
    Win7 HP 32bit - no problem - you need to provide more details about your
    windows and other interfering security tools.
    uninstalling NET4 can help? (i dont have it yet, no need to)

3. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

I've tried it on two other laptops. For the most part, it's garbageware for me. Creating rules works well although a bit liberal. As for the other options, enable/disable Firewall, Firewall Properties, Firewall Advanced Security, it's a hit or miss. Sometimes it works but come back to the same option a few minutes later and I get the .net error I previously mentioned. I did uninstall .net 4 Client on my system but it made no difference for my laptop. WFC works the worst on my laptop as oppsed to the other two. I had high hopes for this little app considering I'm now down to using just Windows 7 Firewall inbound/outbound. It's taken some time to get it setup properly but I really like it and thought WFC would be a great way for quick access to it as well as a visual indicator in case the firewall stopped working but even that part doesn't work for me with WFC. I guess I'll abandon it. I've set Action center to notify and I use 4t tray minimizer so I have the Firewall properties dialog minimized to the tray for quick access. I wish that I could get 4t to minimize the Avanced Security to the tray but the only way I've found that it will do that is if I disable UAC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.