Windows Explorer Keeps shutting down........

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by HvyDriver, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HvyDriver

HvyDriver Registered Member

o_O Thanks to those who replied to the earlier thread.....Windows explorer keeps shutting down after I use the plug image under pick a tool in True Image 9.0. I am using the trial version. I ran a check on the image back-up using Check Archive and it was OK. I have done several back ups and still have the same problem. Once the image is mounted I see it under W.E. but then it sends an error and need to shut down. As soon as I unmount the image it works fine. Does anyone have any idea's on why or how to fix this problem...Thanks Hvy DRivero_O

2. plover

plover Guest

When you say Explorer shuts down do you mean your Explorer window just closes or does the Explorer process crap out?

If you have some other piece of software on you system that enables you to look at the mounted image I would give that a try. Disk partitioning software is a good one to try. See if you can see your image with it. You can even run some diagnostics on it. Might tell you what is wrong. Then again it might close on you too.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello HvyDriver,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2302) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2302) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please do the following:

For Windows 2000\XP:

- Press the Start button, choose Run, type "drwtsn32" and press Enter;

- In the dialog that appears check the Log File and Crash Dump paths, then press the OK button;

- Run Acronis True Image and reproduce the problem;

- Pick up the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files in the directory specified at step 2;

For Windows 98:

- Go to Start -> Run, type "drwatson" in the dialog box and press Enter;

- Upon the crash choose open in the crash message box and choose Save from file menu;

- Pick up the saved file from \Windows\Drwatson directory and send it to us.

Please also collect the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Verify your image archive by means of the Check Image tool and see the result;

- Where do you store your image?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Сreate an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.