Windows does not recognize second drove

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by rondijack, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rondijack

rondijack Registered Member

I installed a new 200 Gb Maxtor hard drive as "master". I then installed the original Seagate 80 Gb hard drive as "slave". I successfully used " Migrate Easy" to transfer everything to the 200 Gb drive. I made a boot disk using "disk director and can "see" the second drive.
    However when I load windows neither disk director nor windows recognize the second drive. The Bios does recognize the drive Is there any way to get windows to recognize the 80 Gb drive? I would appreciate any help I can get in this matter.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rondijack,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Management Software.

Please note that you should not leave both cloned hard disk drives in the system at one time. This may cause such problems as you described.

Please clarify if you want to boot from both of your hard disks (dual-boot) or do you want to leave one of them for data storage?

Could you please also do the following?

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send us the report.txt file from the floppy disk.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Please collect the information requested above and contact us from our web-site: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/support/ . Please don't forget to send the link to this thread along with gathered information. This would allow us to investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

3. rondijack

Semyonov
    How long does it normally take to get a reply from the support people. I have sent the material requested and have yet to hear anything from them, even an affirmation of my e-mail.
    Thank you

4. Acronis Support

Hello rondijack,

Please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter to Acronis Support Team. I will find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

5. rondijack

Semyonov
    I did not receive a request #. Thanks for your reply.

6. rondijack

Re: 80 GB hard drive - now only 7mb free?

I have resubmitted my information.

7. Acronis Support

Hello rondijack,

Please note that we guarantee a responce within 48 hours.

Please try to send letter to support@acronis.com directly instead of using the form on our site. Let me know your Acronis request # which will be sent to you in autoreply. Please also attach the information from your previous requests to this letter.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.