Windows 8 SmartScreen application control: what more could you ask for? (paper)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by MrBrian, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

From http://www.virusbtn.com/conference/vb2013/abstracts/RabinovichAbrams.xml:
    Direct link: hxxp://www.virusbtn.com/pdf/conference_slides/2013/AbramsRabinovich-VB2013.pdf

2. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

The pdf just consists of powerpoint sheets, which are designed to support the actual human presentation and are pretty useless on their own...

3. Well,

I don't have it on my Win7, but it would be great when combined what I already have:

SRP default deny for basic users, DLL-path hardening tweaks through GPO, EMET and UAC set to deny elevation of unsigned, plus the new Smartscreen App Rep . . .

I would have a fully functional Admin setup (with run as admin to install new) which would be a tough cookie to intrude.

As with more MS improvements, it is a step in the good direction, not a 100% solution, but marketed as a near perfect solution. So as allways curious what Window 9 wll bring to table . . . ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.