Windows 8 Disk Image File Not Visible Until Drive Repaired

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by datacard, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datacard

datacard Registered Member

I am wondering is anyone else has had this problem. I have two SATA drives in my computer. The second one holds my drive backups from my primary drive. The computer is reimaged with different Windows OS's on the primary drive for testing my product. I always boot from the recovery CD to backup the drive image.

Starting with Windows 8 when I do this procedure the backup image on the second drive cannot be seen from Explorer after the backup is complete and the computer is booted normally. I have to run a repair disk to see the file. This never happened until Windows 8.

I see the same issue with Acronis and Paragon products.

If anyone has an idea about what is happening and how I can avoid it I would appreciate the help.

Thanks!

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Don´t you see the image file, or don´t you see the second drive?

What repair disk are you using?

3. datacard

datacard Registered Member

I don't see the image file I just created. The drive and all the other files (including previous backups) are there. I always do a full backup.

I use the built-in Microsoft OS tools to scan and repair the drive.

I have been using this procedure for years with no problems. Only happens when I backup a driver that has Windows 8 installed. Happens about 50% of the time -- not always.

My last attempt was to use the Windows 8 Paragon tool hoping that would somehow give different results. No luck. Same issue as other Paragon and Acronis tools.

I am backing up from the recovery CD. How much does the OS on the target disk matter at this point?

4. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Registered Member

I'm very new at Paragon but if you said your "backing up from the recovery CD ..how much does the target OS/filesystem mattter?"

I would think quite a bit? If the recovery disk is the linux CD ..it sounds like its corrupting your target filesystem in some way? If the recovery disk is a Windows PE disk I would think it should be happy with the windows target disk. Maybe, for both recovery disks its a driver issue? But you said only the source changed to Windows 8... sorry not much help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.