Windows 7 x64 Bluescreen crashes after clean install of ESS 5.2.9.1

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ACCPresidentLB, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACCPresidentLB

ACCPresidentLB Registered Member

Hello all,

Upon surfing yesterday, I was notified by ESS 5.0.95 that there was an application update. I began updating & while doing so I decided to download the offline installer and clean install the new version. I uninstalled 5.0.95, rebooted, and then installed 5.2.9.1, & another reboot. After a hr. or 2, I started to receive Bluescreen crashes that are stating that the crashes are due to a driver. Since the only software I changed yesterday was ESS, I have to conclude there is an issue w/ the drivers in this version of ESS. Can someone confirm this for me? I'm currently going to uninstall 5.2.9.1 & start Beta testing ESS 6.0, I'm confident that there are no other issues with this machine that could have cause this problem, therefore, beta testing 6.0 isn't an issue. I attempted to determine when 5.2.9.1 was released, w/o success, w/ my thinking that ESET may not be aware of this issue, thus is why I'm bringing this to attention. Should I have the same issue w/ ESS 6.0, I will inform you via this thread. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 version 6.1.7601 SP1 Build 7601 on a Toshiba Satellite P505D, if you need additional information, please request & I'll attempt to supply it for you.

Thanks,
    ACCPresidentLB

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you compress and upload the dump generated upon BSOD somewhere and PM me the download link?

3. ACCPresidentLB

ACCPresidentLB Registered Member

Hello Macros,

I'm pretty computer savvy, however, I really don't know where the dump would have went to. If ya can give me a path to where to find the dump, & hopefully my maintenance softwares haven't clean it away, I'd be more than happy to upload it for ya review. ESS has always been an awesome security software for me, & if there's anyway I can assist in the improvement, I'm there to help. I did install ESS 6.0 Beta, & thus far, I'm highly impressed w/ the new features. Also, thus far, I've not had a single issue of Bluescreen since the install of ESS 6.

Thanks again Macros,
    ACCPresidentLB
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.