Windows 7 standard account with Nero

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

One of my relatives had Nero 10 (paid) installed in his system. He's now looking at other alternatives, including Nero 10 Lite.

I installed Nero 10 Lite in one virtual machine, while in a standard user account, and, it complained it couldn't copy/burn CDs/DVDs due to lack to rights. Nero BurnRights would be needed.

Now, the odd thing is that, my relative is running Windows 7 Ultimate in a standard account with UAC on, and he never had problems with Nero displaying that message.

I'm aware that this is normal behavior, not being able to copy/rip in standard user accounts, not only with Nero but other similar applications. Not sure if with all, but with some.

I must say that my virtual machines aren't updated with latest Microsoft updates.
    Should Nero, in an updated Windows 7 standard user account, be able to copy or would it alert the user that he needs to open Nero BurnRights?

I also never had problems with ImgBurn, which is the one I use. I also never had problems with Windows Vista, when I used to use Nero.

Thank you

Edit: I'll be installing the trial version in one virtual machine and see if same happens. This behavior is odd. For what I could dig, standard users shouldn't be able to copy unless making use of BurnRights. Or, at least, that's how I understand it.

Edit 2: I did a bit testing and Nero BurnRights automatically sets burn rights to every user. The Lite version must be lacking BurnRights, and hence not being able to burn, without it.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.