Windows 7 Screenshots: Home Premium Edition

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Microsoft made a crap beta in the Windows 7 RC. Its totally unusable as it constantly locks up and freezes. If they don't get that fixed by the time the gold version rolls out in October... people will stick with Vista and Linux will pick up even more market share. Microsoft screwed the pooch with this one and people are just fed up all over the Net.

3. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

TrollSpray.jpg

4. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

What, it will go from 0,41% to 0,42%? ;)

5. NormanF

To be fair, its only a beta and incomplete. You just have to google Windows 7 and lockups to see a Net discussion of the problem. I like the interface. But the constant freezes are just not acceptable. Windows Vista Service Pack 2 ran without issues on the laptop to which I had installed Windows 7. I'm not anti-Microsoft troll. In general, their products perform well and I expected a few problems with the beta but not a non-functioning operating system. If they want this to outshine Vista, they're going to have write better code in time for the gold release. People have more important things to do with their time than fix something that is broken.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Windows 7 RC works better and faster than vista SP2 on my hardware. I would assume the RC would still have beta logging enabled so the final should be faster. btw i did have one bsod with the RC and not sure why.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  7. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I installed 7 in countless vmWare boxes and maybe a dozen different real boxes, not one has had an issue. Many who have it on like it and will buy it when the beta is up, or so they state. And most of them had Vista, and they like 7 over Vista. I have no doubt some machines will have issues, but I have not seen one yet.

Sul.

8. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Same here, I have used it for months and never a single issue or problem. There will always be a fringe element with bizarre or odd problems, no matter what OS or what app. It's just part of life.....

9. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

I had a few problems with Win 7 RC (one reason I moved on to higher builds). Can't remember exactly what it was now but it had to do with permissions (from out of left field a pop up box would occasionally tell me I didn't have sufficient privileges to download a file to Desktop via my browser). o_O . It drove me mad! But later builds of Win 7 fixed that so I've been a happy camper for quite some time now.

I do now wish I'd put my order in for Win 7 Professional instead of Home Premium. :thumbd: . Sometimes I can be such a tightwad. :cautious: . ;) .

Later...

10. NormanF

Really? I had constant freezes on mine a short time after just running an application. The entire OS would lock up and even ctrl-alt-delete did nothing. I constantly had to do a hard reset. I already said Windows Vista runs fine on my computer without any problems. I ran the 7100 RC build. There is no problem with memory management or anything in Vista. You're lucky you don't have a single problem and yet a lot of people do. Don't assume the beta works for every one.

11. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Paul Thurrott

12. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

The Beta worked great for me. I bought the Windows 7 Professional during the half off presale. I was a dyed in the wool XP fanatic until I trialed the Beta and it was like a Vista without the baggage plus no little irritations like alphabetizing a new program in the start menu, etc.

I found Window 7 Beta to be quick, responsive, and, so far, reliable.

Disclaimer: I do not have any connection with Microsoft or any of it's affiliates and nor do I ever want to outside of being a consumer. If there are any MS reps reading this, I am not opposed to accepting money though :D .

SourMilk out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.