Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Why dont you use the seach in the start menu? Just type in what you want and you get a list to choose from but most of the times it is already preselected so that you only need to press enter and voilá. For example "dev" - arrow down - enter - and you get the device manager. Its so much faster then XP. I love it. Btw it was allready in Vista.

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Change is good.... just think how boring the world would be without it. :)

3. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Get used to the new features of the taskbar, then try using Vista or XP, lol.

4. ahriman

ahriman Registered Member

Eliot:
    Totally agree! I love the efficiency of the new taskbar.

5. raakii

raakii Registered Member

I have a image size(os + all apps) of 1gb in xp .The vista images are very bulky(minimum 5 gb) but restoring xp takes just around 2 minutes.Clean image of xp after fresh install is 850MB(on DS or IFW).How much is it for windows 7?Can i get cd version around 750 mb for windows 7 with all its basic features , without unnecesary apps.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  6. Mattchu

Mattchu Registered Member

Win 7 is certainly a nice fast operating system to use.

Takes some getting used to after xp but after the initial learning period all is lovely.

The only trouble i`m having(not major) is the on-board Realtek AC97 sound doesn`t work as it should, i`m not able to get 5.1 surround.
    Anyone had any luck in this department with drivers?

Also the X-series graphics cards from ATI, can`t load latest drivers but the WDDM ones seem ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.