Windows 7 (no vm /non-multiboot) for Gaming+Banking setup help.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Konata Izumi, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sully

Sully Registered Member

A game may need admin rights for a number of reasons. If the game interfaces to a driver, you can forget about concocting a scheme to run it as limited user. The driver runs at system level most likely, and the program will need admin rights to interface properly.

If the game is writing/modifying in program files or hklm, then you could allow the user to have write/modify/delete rights to those specific areas.

If you are installing games you buy, like EA or Sierra or Valve etc, I don't think I would worry myself. If a game you buy is doing something that infects you, the whole industry is going to tank. I see those games as being safe. Maybe they might try to gather some online data, but that is it.

Of course a game can have a flaw that could compromise your security. I don't think you should worry about it though. If you are downloading games from opensource or other source, maybe there could be issues. If you play a game in a browser, it should not need admin rights. If it does, simply run it in Sandboxie.

You can certainly go through many hurdles to get a game to work as user in LUA, but I don't think it will be worth the effort unless you have a reason to do so, and I have not seen a reason yet to warrant that, at least with the games I play online.

Sul.

2. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

After alot of thinking :D
    I ended with this setup. :thumb:

DAMN it takes alot of time... I've fallen asleep many times during the process :D

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.