Windows 7 Firewall Control Plus

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Fuzzfas, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

Yeah, but I really don't feel like answering "Yes" EVERY time I launch app that I'm using every day and run numerous times daily.
    I'm with Windows OS since v3.11 ( LOL ) and since UAC was introduced I never liked it nor used it.
    I mean, there is no way I can tell Windows that I TRUST this app and to say "PLEASE don't ask me anymore about this app, just run it as admin and it's fine by me". What's amazing is that happens even when I'm running under Admin account o_O

In fact when I think better of it, the only reason I was even interested in going with win7 built-in security features was to say to my mind that I'm not using some other product. I gave it a go and the only thing I could "swallow" is firewall (although I'm not happy with it either).
    Applocker ... well, fine... no complaints there, just I don't see it useful in one machine environment.
    MSE, no problems with it either, maybe I'll use it in the future, maybe not. I don't need it right now.

There are many excellent products that can do much better job, I know many will disagree but that's my opinion.
    They run very light, even lighter than MS "Combo" above.
    And most importantly (in my case that is) , I'll go with that smart and old saying "If it works don't fix it" :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.