Windows 7 - Ess interactive filerting on firewall = blank screen on login :(

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by bovine, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bovine

bovine Registered Member

Windows 7 - Ess interactive filtering on firewall = blank screen on login :(

Says it all. Latest version ESS just installed.

Have read old posts, seems to have been an issue for 2 years...still not fixed, very poor show.

So, if you change from automatic to interactive filtering on firewall, next time login to windows7 32 just get a blank screen with mouse cursors, everything else hangs.

To fix, have had to go to save mode:

"The solution is to boot into safe mode and changing the AdvancedMode value from 1 to 0 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000200\Profiles\@My profile to switch back to Automatic mode, thus fixing the problem."

I REALLY DONT WANT TO DO THIS EVERY TIME I REBOOT AND FORGET TO SWITCH FROM INTERACTIVE TO INTERACTIVE FILTERING!!

Someone PLEASE give me a fix!!!

Many thanks

Bovine

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

So basically what you're complaining about is either that:
    1, gui does not start before crucial Windows services
    2, firewall does not allow allow traffic before gui starts
    I have no clue how this should be solved without: a) creating the appropriate rules manually before restarting the computer b) switching the firewall to learning mode for a while until the necessary rules are created automatically during Windows startup. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.