windows 7:error message for ESET smart suite

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Martial, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martial

Martial Registered Member

Hello
    I have just (last sunday) clean installed Windows 7 home premium 64 bits upgrade on my computer
    I have installed version 4,0,467,0 of ESet smart suite and it seems working ok until today afternoon when i see after booting a message saying : Eset personnal miniport 29 failed Windows try to repair and cannot
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the soft two times and still have the same message
    But Eset windows say that my computer is still protected
    I did n't take chance and uninstall again ESET and install for now in place the new microsoft security essentials
    Waiting for a solution (send a message to ESET) I don't like when a security soft give me an error message
    Some suggestion
    Thanks

2. MuffPotter

MuffPotter Registered Member

Hello,
    i had the same problem. here is how is solved it:
    go to the control panel and from there to the device manager. there you can see the eset miniport (it is marked with an exclamation mark). click on it and deinstall it. restart your computer and than make a repair-installation of eset.
    now it should work.

3. Martial

Martial Registered Member

Thanks for this tip Now it seems to be repaired
    Reintalling ESET smart suite i have seen again the message about miniport failed
    Port 29 and port 38 associated to ESET were there but not with exclamation points
    Anyway i have uinstalled the ports with device manager
    Reboot WIN 7
    Choose option repair for ESET and Reboot
    And i didn't see the message
    So it is ok for now but it would be interesting to see why this thing was happened If you had it also it may be because it not completely associated to my system
    Thank again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.