Windows 7 and ESS issues

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Stu666, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stu666

Stu666 Registered Member

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit and ESET Smart Security Business Edition 4.0.467.0 with firewall module 1054.

Since installing ESS, I have been experiencing really slow resumes from hibernation. And when it does eventually get to the desktop, new hardware is detected but fails to install. Looking at the reliability monitor I am seeing this:

"Driver Management concluded the process to install driver NULL Driver for Device Instance ID ROOT\ESET_EPFWNDISMP\0006 with the following status: 0xe0000203."

and

"Driver Management concluded the process to install driver FileRepository\epfwnd_m.inf_x86_neutral_3d088425f1884942\epfwnd_m.inf for Device Instance ID ROOT\ESET_EPFWNDISMP\0005 with the following status: 0xe000020b."

Most of the time the hardware that is supposedly being installed appears to be blank, i.e. nothing is listed, however the last error message above appears under Eset Personal Firewall Miniport.

I am not seeing any errors with the ESS GUI, no bad hardware in device manager, even hidden stuff.

I have tried repair installing ESS, but it has made no difference.

Any ideas?

2. MathewG

MathewG Former ESET Support Rep

Hello Stu666,

Did you do an upgrade to Windows 7 or did you do a clean install of the OS? If you did an upgrade to Windows 7 without uninstalling ESET Smart Security first, you will get firewall errors after the upgrade is complete. To resolve this issue, you will most likely need to uninstall and re-install your ESET Smart Security Product. Instructions for this process can be found by visiting the link below:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?pag...earch&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1258392791751

3. Stu666

Stu666 Registered Member

Mathew, this was a clean install of the OS. I will try uninstalling ESS anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.