Windows 2008

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by andreg, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andreg

andreg Registered Member

Are there any plans for AppDefend to run on Windows 2008?

2. Kegel

Kegel Registered Member

Any plans for Windows 2013? I want to know.....just because.

3. turion

turion Registered Member

Yeah are there any plans to support windows 1900? o_O

4. andreg

andreg Registered Member

Am I missing something?...It is a serious question - Windows Web Server 2008 has been available for a while and AppDefend apparently does not run on it, unlike lots of other commercial software.

..or maybe the security in Windows 2008 provides all the extra security AppDefend provides so there is no need to buy this software......

5. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

It's more important to finish what he's working on now, adding another version just delays everything. The other posts were sarcastic, but really, they are right, how many versions can a single person program for concurrently?
    Jason has to decide on what he wants to do and get a final published for at least some people who have already paid their dues. I paid in Nov. 2005, not quite 2 years ago. I'm not complaining, I wrote off the expense a year ago, but I think that I should still receive a finished product. Thus, I vote that W-2008 should wait in line.

6. cafeshop

cafeshop Former Poster

Yeah! The only security product I am waiting for long long time, GSS. Even Since for months I paid for an license of use, GSS is not running on my box; I am still happy to have the final release of GSS. His is ground-breaking innovation security products being written from zero. That would be the best way for security softwares to be built for most secure and light weight but no features and customization satisfied. So far no libraries are most secure code which are not vulnerable yet, hopefully GSS is an exception here. GhostShell is a standing. Is that right Jason! Everyone votes! I am registered GSS users (AppDefend & RegDefend; not mentioned to CryptoSuite, Port Explorer, TDS). Thanks for it. Hope it is rolled out soon when it is ready.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  7. topmoxie

topmoxie Registered Member

some of you sure have a lot of faith in a peice of software that wasnt ready 2 years ago and the coder of the software who doesnt seem to be available for any comments, and come one it doesnt take 2 years to code a program. There are other programs like this that have been coded and are all now abandon ware or seemingly so, just as I beleive this to be

8. andreg

andreg Registered Member

Thank you - this answers my question. I was a happy user of ProcessGuard which was why I was interested in AppDefend, but even if it did work on Windows 2008, a lack of timely support in event of problems would be not worth the risk on a production server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.