Windows 2003 and UAA bus driver issue

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Gullible Jones, May 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm currently using Windows 2003 Storage Server (R2 SP1), via Microsoft's 180 day trial version. So far, I think it's awesome - lighter and faster than 2000, and far more stable. However, I have a slight problem with the UAA driver...

When I try to install the drivers for my sound card, I get a failure message saying I need to update my audio bus driver. This happened on Win2k too; there, I solved it by installing a copy of the bus driver I found online. On 2k3 though, I'm having trouble finding a version of the driver that will work properly; I've been scouring Google and nothing's shown up.

The funny thing is, the UAA bus driver shows up in my Device Manager... It just has the yellow exclamation icon next to it, indicating that the driver isn't working right. I'm not sure what's up with that.

Anyway... Does anyone know how I can fix this?

2. Update: upgrading to SP2 fixed it. Not sure why I hadn't thought of that.:oops:

3. Okay, more questions... How do I remove the File Server role? When I try to I get an error saying that it could not be removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.