Windows 10 Pro MD5 Checksum

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by kennyboy, Mar 7, 2023.

1. kennyboy

kennyboy Registered Member

I downloaded and installed a fresh copy of Win 10 Pro from MS site, and have had a real problem getting it to run properly.
    Gave up trying after re-installing it again, and getting the the same problems.
    Had a thought that maybe the download was bad, so downloaded another copy, and compared the MD5s. As they were not matching I downloaded another copy with no match. To date I have 10 (yes 10) copies from Microsoft all with different MD5s, and of course now have no idea which one is correct, or even if ANY of them is correct. As I can not see anything on MS site about the correct checksum, I am a bit lost.

Any suggestions appreciated.

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Perhaps you should have used genuine Microsoft tech support who think it's okay to be using 'cracks' when legit activations fail.
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...-windows-for-customer-after-activation-fails/

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

4. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Strange issue you have and my guess is you have an A/V trashing your downloads.

To verify checksums go get this program
    https://genuine-iso-verifier.weebly.com/

5. kennyboy

kennyboy Registered Member

Many thanks for the replies. Apologies for the delay, - Health Issues.

@xxJackxx Thx for the MD5. Yet another one to add to my collection, but nice to know which one is actually the correct one. Mine of course are all different. Crazy.

@ Mr.X The only AV I have is Windows Defender, so would be surprised if that was the culprit. Thx for the link. I am still verifying with it, but after doing multiple SHA-1 and SHA-256, I have no matches at all. Considering they were all downloaded in a row one after the other, I find this weird. In fact, interestingly, your proggie is giving a red "NOT GENUINE (MSDN)" message. I suppose that makes sense in a way.

Anyway, will still pursue this,in the hope of finding a rationale to it.

Many thanks again.

6. T-RHex

T-RHex Registered Member

I presume you're using the Media Creation Tool to download the ISO? (Is there another way??) I had assumed that the tool assembles the installation package in realtime, and no two hashes would be the same.

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

8. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

There is an option to download the ISO without using the Media Creation Tool, from this page:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

I downloaded Win10_22H2_English_x64.iso

Under 'Verify your download', the page also specifies the SHA256.
    For English 64-bit the SHA256 is: F41BA37AA02DCB552DC61CEF5C644E55B5D35A8EBDFAC346E70F80321343B506

The SHA256 checksums match.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.