Windows 10 Creators Update, non-Insiders opportunity.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Phant0m, Apr 5, 2017.

1. ChrisFerro3

ChrisFerro3 Registered Member

When I tried to install Windows 10 Creators Update straight from the ISO, I had trouble with certain applications not working, Seamonkey would not let me import my bookmarks, or would Adobe Premiere let me install it, it told me that files were missing and could not install. I keep feeling so unlucky I can't have the newest version I guess my computer is getting old lol :D

2. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Just installed the batch of updates: Cumulative kb 4015583, Malicious Software Removal Tool and a Defender kb. No flash update that I could see--still at 25.0.0.127. Went pretty well. Did a patch for Internet Explorer, that's good. Latest winver for version 1703 is build 15063.138 Today's the day it's publicly available via Update, right?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4015583/windows-10-update-kb4015583

3. boredog

boredog Registered Member

Yes I am on the insiders update list and the version trying to update is 16170 that I am having issues with.

4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I was offered the Flash update (kb4018483) after the others had installed and it did a 'checking for updates' again.

5. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Yes, I checked for updates after reading what you posted and it did show up. Thank you, stapp.

6. boredog

boredog Registered Member

got the update to work but now can not watch anything on Netflix o_O

7. VecchioScarpone

VecchioScarpone Registered Member

Got the update to work too but I cannot open Windows Defender Security Center, nor use the WD explorer feature to scan a file with it.
    Only a blue screen with WD logo appears for few second, then it is gone nothing happen.

8. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

You may need to refresh with a clean install - or if you think its buggy, revert to your prior version of Windows.

9. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Surprisingly, I got the update on my Enterprise version tonight that I run at home. It's never been joined to a domain however. Still think I would like to clean install at some point to get rid of all the leftovers. Can I just do this from the refresh menu or just do a clean install from an ISO file?

So far but it is early on, no issues to report.

10. VecchioScarpone

@NormanF
    Thanks. I was afraid I had to do that. I'll give it a go.

11. Trooper

I assume all of the WD services are running?

12. VecchioScarpone

Yes.Got WD to run with the old GUI desktop shortcut I downloaded. Very slow.
    I would prefer not to reinstall all my apps after the refresh though. I'm in two mind, I may just use another AV and leave things as they are.
    The system works well WD Security center aside.

13. Trooper

Wow really? That sucks. Careful if you install a third party av. I don't believe all of the are ready for prime time just yet for the Creators Update.

14. VecchioScarpone

@Trooper
    I got that, thanks.
    And it does not really give me much choice. OK I'll take the plunge and refresh. I hope to resurface alive and kicking in a few hours.

15. Trooper

Roger that. Hope the refresh goes well for ya man. I may do the same or a clean install as I would like to get rid of the leftover remnants and get a few gigs of space back.

16. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Where did you get your Enterprise from? Does it have universal apps or is it more traditional like Windows 7?

17. Trooper

My job. As for apps, pretty sure it has most of everything. I don't really use apps though.

18. VecchioScarpone

No luck. It worked for a little while then same issue. Maybe a conflict with MBAE Free, or HMP free set to run a quick scan at start up. I only managed to reinstall those security apps so far.
    Just guessing here.
    Oh well back to run WD via desktop app. Not confident on running any other AV for the time been.

19. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I've installed Creators Update on 6 laptops so far, and am very happy with it. I was unable to ugprade one of my Toshiba laptops which needs RAID drivers not included with Windows 10. When Windows 10 setup restarted the laptop, it would boot to recovery mode. I then created an ISO with the required driver using NTLite, but the ISO seemed to be corrupted, so I ended up doing a clean install, which worked.

As with previous builds of Windows 10, there are DPC latency issues causing major audio issues on laptops with Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG cards (and perhaps some other Intel wifi cards). I replaced the the wifi cards in my two laptops using Intel 3945ABG cards with non Intel ones and it fixed the issue. I don't know why it never occured to me to try replacing the wifi cards in the past.

20. VecchioScarpone

Uninstalled MBAE free, HMP.A free browser app, HMP on demand.
    The WD Security Center issue is gone. All works fine now??

21. guest

guest Guest

you just can't double-click on it to open it, only right click, so no big deal.

22. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Managed to update both primary and secondary laptops to CU via Update Assistant.

The only issue I have noticed so far is that 'something strange' happened with recognition of my external USB backup drive. The drive letter E: did not change on either machine but my scheduled Macrium V6 incremental, differential and GFS backups all did a full backup on my primary machine. I have only a differential backup on my secondary machine, but MR did not create a full backup there.

Acronis did not recognise the backup location on either machine, though I could open the location directly through Acronis. I have had to recreate the backups on both machines.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  23. _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_ Registered Member

I updated just fine using the Update tool, but my wife's Laptop still
    does not show the update as being available ?
    I may have to use the Update Tool on hers as well.

24. VecchioScarpone

Thanks.

The deal is that once MBAE is installed I got no taskbar icon to right click on.
    Start menu WD Security Center wont open neither. Just a blue flash.
    I can only turn on WD with a desktop shortcut with limited functions and very slow to open.

I reinstalled my security Apps one by one, no issue. Installed MBAE well got to start from scratch now.
    I'll get WD to work again eventually.

25. VecchioScarpone

Uninstalled MBAE. WD works fine now. Got to do without mbae
    I do not dare to install VoodooShield.
    CU WD and its Security Center does not seems to take third party security Apps kindly, on my system.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.