Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by stapp, Aug 3, 2016.

1. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Folks, no problem with your standpoints. You probably exactly know why you're so scared about telemetry. So you have obviously disabled it and everything's alright for you. And that's fine, people should be happy. :)

2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Scared? I'm not scared. Just because we live in the big brother and facebook era does not mean that everyone is willing to tolerate the invasion of his/hers privacy.
    Personally I don't like getting profiled e.g., when I sit on my descktop, when I navigate or go to a specific site, when I watch a film or music and what films and songs I listen to, and most importantly not like my typing being monitored.
    It's called right to privacy, and some of us are not willing to dispose it, in the name of security.
    If you are willing good for you... but don't start making assumptions, for those that have a different point of view from yours and still value their own privacy.;)

Panagiotis

3. pegas

pegas Registered Member

You exaggerate. Take the time to read my posts. I didn't impose anything. I only said that I have no problem with the Microsoft telemetry on my machines and reinforced it by explanation why so. Take it or leave it. You cannot make me responsible for your objections towards Microsoft and how they behave. I fully respect what people think and say, so please don't try to manipulate my words. ;)

4. pandlouk

What did I try to manipulate exactly?
    You assumed and implied that everyone that do not like MS telemetry is so scared of it (first assumption), and has probably an exact reason to be scared (second assumption) that he/she knows about...:blink:

Panagiotis

5. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Sorry, I don't feed the trolls. ;)

6. Alexhousek

Alexhousek Registered Member

7. pandlouk

What a pity. You must be dying from hunger, then...:rolleyes: :argh:

Panagiotis

8. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Gotcha. I had telemetry disabled but found it caused other issues. Reverted back and so far my machine seems to be running a bit smoother.

9. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

10. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

11. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Anything noteworthy with this bugfix?

12. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.