Windows 10 and Warning Broadband services not available message

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chattycathy, Jan 23, 2020.

1. chattycathy

chattycathy Registered Member

I have Windows 10 Pro and when I turn my computer and modem on, I get the following message: Link Not Available. Warning: Broadband Services Not Available. This modem is slow to connect but it has always been like this and Windows 7 Pro did not give me this problem. It would just let the modem connect and my desktop would still be showing. But, if I wait and let it connect and then restart my computer, I don't get this message nor does a browser open up. It lets me decide when and what browser I want to use then. I have it stopped from loading my default browser automatically IF my modem has connected. Windows 10 Pro is too impatient. It doesn't give my modem time to connect before it starts complaining. This only happens when my modem and computer has been turned off. Is there a way to stop this annoyance?

2. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Only the obvious, wait until your modem is up and running before you boot your PC, or leave you modem running.

3. itman

itman Registered Member

Sounds to me like a DHCPv4/6 issue in the router or the router handshaking processing with your ISP serving up the DNS server connection. Another possibility is if using a third party firewall, there is an issue with existing DHCP rule processing in it.

4. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I know if I start my Win10 machines without internet access the default browser opens and tries to load a MS support page.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.