Windows 10 - A simple review

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Amanda, Feb 28, 2016.

1. CHEFKOCH

CHEFKOCH Registered Member

I not understand why you need all the programs but okay, COMODO alone is doing the job, I don't get any benefit except strange behaviors I never heard before. If HIPS is enabled you not need any anti-executable or other gimmicks.

The only notice I had made was that comodo sometimes causes you're mentioned behavior, that you don't get access but this is due hips/Sandbox because it actually want to read out the .exe/.dll you want to access at the same time. But I guess this is okay, on Kaspersky an his anti-executable thingy (called Trusted application mode) you get the same message like Windows Security posted in another thread, no access because it's simply blocked due missing write permission).

Now I don't wonder why people complaining about Windows because useless tools which may causing (maybe) problems.
    All of these would be useless if you just install an higher version and then work with gpedit/secpol and you would only need defender (maximum) because everything else is restricted and you not need to trust other programs and waste your time to configure it.

Once again, maybe I will write an guide to harden windows without tools, but's depending on, don't know if that is welcome here because people especially on this forum hardly 'want' such tools for don't know reasons. - But's a little bit OT now because you said you use HOME version but anyway ^^

2. ChrisFerro3

ChrisFerro3 Registered Member

Windows 10 runs very well on my computer and is quite good. I don't like though how personalization goes to the nee control panel and some themes cannot theme the taskbar like in Windows 8.1, but oh well.

3. CHEFKOCH

CHEFKOCH Registered Member

Taskbar is themeable, but need additional reg + dll's. Just take a look at Devianart examples and Code are given. :thumb:

4. Martin_C

Martin_C Registered Member

@Peter2150 :

Instead of installing third party programs to block the OS from functioning the way it was intended to, it would be much easier for you to just :

1. Uninstall the apps you don't feel you need.

and then

2. Go into Settings, Privacy, Background Apps and set those apps that you still would like to keep on system but not have running automatically in the background to "Off".

That way your remaining apps will only start whenever YOU start them.

Very easy and you are in complete control without the need for third party programs to mess with the OS.

I remember we talked about this maybe half a year ago, but perhaps you never tried it ??

Personally I don't have the need to shut down the apps I have installed, but the option to do so are natively right there in the OS for users who are uncomfortable with the way apps works.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

True, BUT, where ERP is elegantly simple, can't say the same for SOB

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.