window directory " it's 'not formatted, would you like to format now"

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by yst, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yst

yst Registered Member

Hello:

I cannot start window ,have a message :

windows\system32\config\system corrupt because some software problem....please repair it,etc.....

then try to start bartpe cd,load erunt exe ,restore the backup of yesterday copy,this backup locate in window drive ,and I can access it .but I also want to backup it when restoring,but when backup erunt said cannot backup ,do you want to continue restore ?yes,I press "yes" to continue.

then it said complete restored,reboot computer ,it now said missing system 32\hal.dll,cannot boot ,then I try to use bartpe to see what happen.

now I load bartpe, when I go to window directory it say:" it's 'not formatted, would you like to format now"but only window directory have this problem program and document directory (my window xp) have no this problem,I can access program files and documents from it.

I have some partition software,but what can I do,do I restore mbr ,boot sector,or restore the partition table?(I have backup them in april,2008 )

I do not know what the problems is the target?!

wait for some one help,thanks very much

I have not install any new software or do anything before the computer cannot start,I can still used it last night without problem.

o_O

2. yst

yst Registered Member

I use a software to check bad sector,it found 166 bad sectors of my system disk,recover it automatically,then I have a new problem,when open window directory,it says:
    "The file or directory corrupt and unreadable"

program directory and other directories from c partition is accessible,only window folder have become 0 byte.

help me ~~:'( thanks very much

am I posted the wrong board?excuse me, I only know this board !

3. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

This the mods have to decide...

@yst
    You describe what you are doing the last time to rescue your system.
    I'm not 100% safe in English that I can't understand this spaghetti-sentences.
    I would be appreciated if you set the punctuation a little bit clearer. Thank you :)

Before an answer I have some questions:
    1. "erunt" is the "EmergencyRecoveryUtility for NT", correct? If not, what is your "erunt"?
    2. It seems you save your registry daily with "EruNT", right?
    3. You use a 'sector-software'. What software?

Now my opinion:
    With that, what you describe here, I think you have scewed up your filesystem.
    At the beginning there would have helped a normal "chkdsk /f /r", I think.

But now, after restoring the registry (please correct me if I'm wrong) with EruNT and some other weird actions, I think there is only a little chance to rescue your installation.

What you can do is:
    1. save all readable data you need
    2. run "chkdsk c: /f /r"
    3. after chkdsk please start with your original WinXP-CD and try a repair-Installation.
    4. pray

4. yst

yst Registered Member

thanks you your advice.

the erunt is backup they registry for win xp also.

I use hd regenerator to check harddisk bad sector.

I have restored partition table, no result.

if I chkdsk ,it said "

cannot read the path c:, unreadable, so cannot fix it anymore.

thanks again~

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  5. yst

yst Registered Member

I have replaced a new hard disk,the problem is due to my hard disk bad sector,it is time to buy a new one,

therefore it is not related to Erunt problems,sorry if misled !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.