Windos Patches/Updates Being Blocked

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by PaulHankin, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulHankin

PaulHankin Guest

Hi RegDefend Users,

Any help/ideas on this one?

RegDefend is preventing me updating with the latest Windows security patches. It's preventing registry setting changes the patches need to make.

Is there a way to switch RegDefend on/off to allow patches to be installed?

I can't add a "permission" for thess patches as I don't know the file names to allow (and even if I did they are not on my machine because they get downloaded and installed directly from Microsoft's website).

Another problem also, I have RegDefend running now in the background, then I right click the tray icon to close it. From there I'm asked "do you want RegDefend to keep running in the background" so I click "Yes". This makes the tray icon disappear but RegDefend keeps running (which is great).

However then I can't open RegDefend console anymore (without rebooting the machine). If I goto Start>Programs>RegDefend to run the program it simply says "Already running RegDefend" and doesn't start the consol (nor puts the tray icon back). This means you can't access the RegDefend console without re-booting.

2. tayasimggg

tayasimggg Registered Member

if you what to disable the regdefend just go to it menu and double click the groups one by one manual.

if you want to enable them back later you need to do the same....
    :D

3. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

The next RegDefend version will also contain a "global" disable button which is currently lacking, but following what tayasimggg says will work fine for the timebeing. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.