win7

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by biza, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biza

biza Registered Member

is nod32 the new vers. working on windows7 64 now? cause the last time i tried it did not work nicely(for give me if i ask stupid Q i am new to this)

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Without saying which version you tried, and saying why "it didn't work nicely" then I trust you're not looking for a serious answer.

If it helps, 3.0.695 and 4.0.474 work fine on Win 7.

Jim

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET NOD32 Antivirus is compatible with 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows. If you downloaded the 32-bit package, though, you will see an error when you try to install it.

You can always download the latest version of the installers from ESET's web site at http://www.eset.com/download/.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. Henry Altaras

Henry Altaras Registered Member

I am currently runnin NOD32 Antivirus 4.0.437.0 on Win 7 32-bit. In view of Mr. Goretsky's comment, I attempted to download the latest version for better Win7 compatibility.

The dialog box that asks for user name and password does not accept my credentials. It blanks them out and keeps asking again. After hitting Cancel, the following message is displayed: "Authorization Required. This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required."

I double-checked my user name and password. The browser is Internet Explorer 8.

What could be the problem? Could it be that the ESET server forgot me? How do I solve it? Thank you.

PS
    I noticed that another user has the same problem: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=260405
    He or she bypassed it using Opera. My only browser is Internet Explorer 8. I'd rather not install another browser.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  6. bpk

bpk Registered Member

can i purchase version 3.0.695? i only see the option to purchase version 4.

7. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

yep, my v4 licence I used to use on v2. I would assume v3 also works.

8. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET's software licenses are for the product and not tied to a specific version.

If you purchase an ESET NOD32 Antivirus license, you can download, install and use v2.70, v3.0 or v4.0.

If you purchase an ESET Smart Security license you can download, install and use v3.0 or v4.0.

The only thing you need to make sure to do when downloading and installing the software is to enter your username and password. I recommend copying and pasting them from the license email you received instead of typing them, since sometimes homoglyphs appear in them, like the lower-case letter "l" and the number "1" or the number "0" and the upper-case letter "O".

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.