Win7 install

Discussion in 'hardware' started by BuzzStone, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuzzStone

BuzzStone Registered Member

I have 3 hard drives in my computer. They run Win 7 32-bit. One of the hard drives is empty and I was wondering if I could also install Win 7 on the empty Drive, meaning I would have two Win 7's (same Win 7) on the same system. My intentions is to remove the original Win 7 from the older 200G HD and run from a newer 500G HD using the 200 as storage. I have already saved my important data. Can this be done by a regular install or should I use a clone/migrate program? If more clarification is needed I will try to do so.

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i would just use a good backup program like macrium, image for windows, active@disk image among others but those are my top picks.. then restore the image to the larger drive most good apps will expand the partition to fit the new drive or ask you to during the restore procc, really easy. when done you can then format the old drive or do what you wish with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.