Win32/Haxdoor ?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Comp01, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I was recently going through some files and Windows Defender popped up a warning about this, it says it was removed, further reading it can install rootkits, etc, I'm not currently running any kind of HIPS, so I can't determine that, I only have basic real-time security on this (windows defender, Rising AV and ghostwall) as I'm usually the only one who uses this PC, however I let a friend use it a few days ago and I think this is where the problem came into as I have never experienced any real infection of any kind. I'm currently scanning with avast anti-rootkit and running a scan with windows defender again, any other ideas to make sure I'm clean? I ran Hijack this! and it appears to be clean to me (nothing out of the ordinary/nothing I don't recognize personally)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Based on your rather thankless reply history, I'll pass. The folk's that offer their time deserve more ....

3. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Well sorry if the only times I really post here is when I need some help with something. Other than I generally don't have time to browse forums and usually forget, which is why I try to thank people in advance.

But thanks for all the help anyways.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

5. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Okay, thanks. I realised I had backups from earlier that day from Acronis, so zi restored and am scanning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.